Saturday, February 26, 2005

I Fell Asleep

This is a little something I submitted to the What Would Bill Hicks Say? contest. Thought someone might find it amusing...

Hey America, quick question for you. Does anyone remember the 90s?

I know that there must be some people that don't, because those corporate whoremongers at Horn Abbot have already come out with a 90s edition of Trivial Pursuit. So obviously there's a market for trying to recall those oh so hazy years.

I'm not sure that I'd be too good at that game, though, because I woke up this morning and figured the 90s just never happened. I went to sleep one night, George Bush was bombing Iraq and trumpeting the evils of Saddam Hussein. I woke up ten years later and ... I think you get the picture.

Does anyone remember Bill Clinton? Anyone remember a strong economy, job growth, having a soul? Anyone remember when you didn't have to drink a bottle of whiskey to be dumb enough to understand the State of the Union address?

I'm trying to remember the 90s. The cultural revolution, the anti-corporate rebellion, the smiling leader, gay pride. Instead I'm seeing the cultural backlash, the "CEO Administration," the smirking tyrant, and gay bashing.

I'm going back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home