Sunday, April 10, 2005

Update on my current status.

Alright, so it's been about 2 and a half weeks since last I put up a new post. I suppose that means that I'm obligated to put something new up here about what I've been up to, for all those people who prefer to read about my life on a blog. So, here goes.

Sharon moved in. So that spare room I had is filled. Wahoo. Always good to have someone to split the rent with. She's cool; came here from San Francisco three days after I arrived here. Did basically the same thing I did: decided it was time to move somewhere new, picked Austin because it seemed interesting, and headed here, with no job, no friends, nothing waiting. Although, I had an apartment waiting for me, while she didn't. Sooo, you know. Minor differences, I suppose. So that's pretty cool, both of us are kind of getting used to the city together, and in our own ways seperately. As with any learning experience, it helps to have someone going through the steps with you. So, yeah, she's pretty cool, it seems to be working out well so far.

We're both looking for jobs; I've gotten a second interview at a place called Gymboree, working with children. I think I've pretty much got the position, which is cool. Unfortunately, it's only part time -- 20+ hrs per week, but on the plus side it pays decently -- 11/hr. So, I'll have to find another part time job to do during the evenings or afternoons, but at least I've got one decently paying job lined up. Maybe I'll apply to be a manager at Whataburger. Sigh. But I guess managers get paid decently, anyways.

We've got furniture now; finally. This weekend we acquired a couch, a loveseat, and two twin-size futon mattresses (no frame, just the mattress), all for free. I'm thinking about building little platforms for the mattresses -- going to look into the cost of getting some plywood and 2 by 4s over at Home Depot... have them cut to size, and then all we'll have to do is assemble them. That would be pretty cool. The place is starting to look like people actually live here. Sweeeet.

Speaking of which, I need decorations, primarily for the living room. My room's looking pretty decent, but the walls in the living room are more barren than ... nevermind, I'm not going to make a sick joke there. Insert your own if you want. So, if anyone wants to send me stuff to hang on the walls, that would be freaking awesome. And if you have a printer and want to print out some stuff and mail it to me, I've got a bunch of cool things I'd like to print (but don't have a printer) so IM/e-mail me and I'll hit you up with some links. I'm sure no one will do that, but it's worth a shot, eh?

It's 76 degrees out right now and absolutely f---ing beautiful. It's nearly 8pm, so the sun is kinda low, but not setting yet, so there's just a little tinge of color looking out the sliding glass door onto my balcony. Mostly blue, bit little tips of pink at the edges of clouds, etcetera. I'd take a picture with my webcam, but a> it wouldn't do it justice, and b>that's way more work than I feel like doing right now.

Hmm. I really don't know what else to say. If I think of anything, I'll post it later.

Take care of yourself, kids.

1 Comments:

At 13.4.05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeremy!

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and you found a job...I'm searching for stuff in Pittsburgh over the summer, and I got a call back from a cemetery grounds maitenance crew...which I think could be interesting and at least I'd get to look outside.

Ttyl! We'll be missing you at the SIS Alumni get together.

- phill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home