Saturday, May 14, 2005

img2txt

I just hopped over to the GIF2TXT site and found that they've updated their code, which is good because one of the features they added was something I was planning on adding myself after breaking the code, and now I don't have to go through all that work. Way to be one step ahead, dudes!

So the two new changes are the code are for the following features:
1. You can now load from image types other than .gif. .jpg and .png are now supported, which is sweet since I don't have to convert my .jpgs to .gifs anymore.
2. You can now choose the text used for the colorized HTML version. This is what I was going to try to work on. Ironically, I was going to grab the code today and start working on that, but when I went to the site to do that found they'd already done it. Seriously, timing. Awesome.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, GIF2TXT (Now call IMG2TXT since they support more than just .gifs) takes an image file and converts it to either ASCII art or a colorized HTML art. So basically you input the location of an image file, choose your options, and then hit the ASCIIFY button and it generates a .html of the image in this crazy text format. I highly recommend it, y'all should definitely check it out.

Here's the link.

Have fun ASCIIfying all your favorite images, kiddies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home